Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th NES Box Scans



What better way to celebrate Friday the 13th than with a small tribute to the classic NES game. I got this game for free as a kid (along with Karnov) because a cousin didn't like them, or something. I was very young, and I can't exactly remember the circumstances except that I was so young this game scared the crap out of me.

It all worked out for the best, and I grew up loving all the terrible 1980s horror flicks.

Friday the 13th is a solid game, but some people (like the AVGN) seem to hate it. It's not a walk in the park... well actually it is a walk through a park, but its a zombie-infested, siolated camp park. You'll have to explore caves, abandoned houses (in a sort of 1st-person perspective), forests, a lake, and the fear within yourself if you want to conquor one of the most challenging and rewarding popular NES titles.

I didn't beat this game until college, and it took a few days of trying, but I still clearly remember giving Jason the middle finger after so many years of failing to save Crystal Lake.

1 comment:

Chalgyr said...

I recall this game. I never did beat it. While at the time I don't recall thinking it was horrible, there is very little I recall fondly about it now I guess either. It was a weekend rental and I logged quite a few hours over those two days, but in the end? Jason definitely got the last laugh. :)